Adding People To Your Model Train Layout – How To Make Sure The People In Your Layout Look Realistic
August 4th, 2010
Detail is the key to the most realistic model train layouts. That detail can be found in the scenery, locomotives, rolling stock, or even in historical realism. All of these things are important, but without people, your layouts will still look flat and lifeless. Take a look at model railroad magazines or at the photos and videos you can find on the internet and the most realistic ones will all be populated with people doing something relevant to the scene. You should seriously consider making people a part of your model railroad scenery.
People can help make your scene more realistic and interesting if done correctly. One thing to consider is what your scene is trying to convey. If it is an industrial building, the people are going to be dressed differently and be doing different things than if those people are waiting at a train station. Another consideration is historical accuracy. If your scene shows a day at the beach in 1920, you are not going to find a lot of bikini clad bathing beauties if you want your scene to be realistic. Also think about grouping your people. A single person may get lost in your scene depending on its size and scale, but a small group will remain noticeable. If you do use just one figure, place them in a spot that makes sense for just one person, like entering a bathroom, sitting on a park bench, or fishing by a stream.
In addition to the figures, your model railroad supplies will also need to include glue and paint for those figures. You may need sandpaper to help make the bases flatter since many plastic molds leave the bottoms of the figures feet less than flat. Glossy paint or flat paint can be used, but I think that flat paint is more realistic. When was the last time you saw a shiny person walking around!? Good old Elmers white glue can be used to keep your people in place. You may need to find a way to support them until the glue sets, but that is usually only an hour or so.
Pay attention as you walk around in your daily life and notice where people congregate and what they do when they are there. Are all of the people waiting for a bus facing the same direction or are they talking and interacting with each other? Do they stand close together or far apart? Are they standing in some sort of pattern or is their position random? As you take note of these things, transfer those attributes to the people in your scene and you will be surprised at how much more realistic they appear.
The addition of people to your model railroad supplies and to your model train layout can be one of the most fun parts of the hobby. Looking in your local hobby shop or at the swap meet for the perfect person in the perfect pose can become like a treasure hunt. Finding those personalities that fit, can be very satisfying and will also make people wonder why your layout looks so much more realistic than theirs. So go forth and multiply!
July 29th, 2010
I think we are all aware that times have changed and while the business climate might be tougher then usual, I believe there is still plenty of opportunity to grow your personal training business. But businesses have to be flexible and adapt faster then ever before if they are going to stay profitable and continue to grow. With this in mind, here are my top ten picks to growing your personal training business. Apply each of these strategies and watch your business flourish.
1) Learn to connect with your customer. Yes, business is all about relationship building and making the customer feel good about their decision to buy and do business with you. This means listening 80% of the time and talking only 20%. A hard thing to do for most fitness professionals. When you listen, you demonstrate respect and interest in your client which serves to strengthen your relationship. People love to do business with people they know and like and being likeable improves your chance of receiving referrals.
2) Deliver value during each session. If you provide the same experience during each session and never change things then you are in danger of losing your client. They may start to think, “I’m not learning anything new or seeing any new results, maybe I’ll quit”. They may contemplate working with another trainer or just going it alone. However, if you deliver great value with each session they are more likely to stay with you. You should strive to come up with a new exercise every session even if you train the same person five times a week. Or offer a nutrition or fitness tip. The best compliment you can receive from a client is “I never know what’s coming during our session, I love the variety”.
3) Track everything your client does. Track your client’s progress then communicate any achievements the attain. If a client realizes they are making progress and achieving the results they desire they will continue to train with you. For example, if a client did two push-ups initially and are now up to ten, this is a chance to recognize and acknowledge their success. Never miss an opportunity for recognition and praise. The only way to do this is to keep track by recording it in their file.
4) Believe in your services enough to offer a significant guarantee. Early in my personal training career I decided I was willing to provide clients with a 100% money back guarantee. The guarantee was simple. If they did not see any results after three months of training I was willing to give them their money back. I knew that I had to work hard but so did the client. We were in it together. This allowed the client to feel how committed I was to their training and in eighteen years of training I never had anyone ask for their money back.
5) Take some risks. In order to grow your business you are going to have to take some risks. It’s great to do a lot of one-on-one training but perhaps you could think of otherways to maximize your revenue or broaden your market niche. Outdoor fitness classes are a great way to secure more income per hour and is all the rage. Why not jump on the band wagon and start offering this service to your clients. Or perhaps you have an idea for a completely new and innovative program. Are you letting fear get in the way of trying it? If yes, then bust out and take a risk. It could be the program you need to push your business growth to the next level.
6) Ask for referrals. If you’ve just cringed at the thought of asking for a referral you are missing a huge opportunity for business growth. I know most trainers don’t like to ask for anything but when it comes to referrals, it’s the easiest form of marketing and one just waiting to be explored. Your clients love you otherwise they wouldn’t continue to do business with you. They are eager to share their results with others and sing your praises. They are itching to refer other people to you, all you have to do is ask. You know this to be true because you refer people to businesses all the time. Think about the last restaurant you went to or the last movie you saw. If you liked the food and service or enjoyed the movie you readily told other people about it. If someone were to ask you, “where’s a good place to eat” you would tell them. When it comes to your clients you can simply let them know you have room for a few more people in your schedule and you would love an oppor
7)Offer a sample session and create a wow experience. I don’t know about you but when I go grocery shopping I love it when they have free food samples. It gives me an opportunity to try the item before I spend my money. If the item is nutritious, tasty and well-priced then I make the purchase. With so many items to chose from in the store I welcome the opportunity to try before I buy. Why not provide the same experience for prospects? Then wow them with an amazing experience and before you know it you will have a new client.
8)Let others say how wonderful you are. Part of growing your business requires the use of testimonials. People like to hear what others have to say about you. It’s far better for someone else to say you are the best thing since sliced bread then if you say it. As such, collect as many testimonials as you can. Use photos, video or both to send the message that other people who use your services are getting results, having fun and learning how to be healthy and fit.
9)Give away your expertise . I’m not kidding, don’t be afraid to give away your expertise. If someone asks for your help, advice or opinion don’t be afraid to tell them and share your knowledge. I’ve met a lot of people over the years who all seemed interested in getting involved in fitness. Many of them were “on the fence” not ready to fully commit to the process. Instead of trying to sell them, I took the approach of educating them and then staying in touch and sharing my expertise. Not all of these people became paying clients but some of them did and it’s because I wasn’t afraid to hold back. I can also feel good that I helped other people learn more about living a healthy lifestyle even though they never became clients.
10) Stay the course – be consistent I don’t know how many blogs, magazines, online articles or news papers you read on a daily or weekly basis. What I do know is there is no shortage of information available on how to grow your business. I believe the difference between a successful business and a not-so-successful business has more to do with what you are willing to action on a daily basis and how consistent you are. Stay the course and be consistent.
It’s not the large steps in life that usually make the biggest difference but the small steps we endeavour to take. I’m asking you to take small steps in applying some of these tips and see what kind of difference it makes in your personal training business. It’s easy to spin your wheels and get caught doing what you know over and over again. It’s quite something else to bust out of your zone of comfort and try something novel.
July 25th, 2010
There are probably as many model train sets as there are different kinds of trains. It is not hard to find them online, or at your local hobby shop. From exact replicas of antique locomotives, fancy, futuristic mono rail trains, and just about everything in between.
Many of these sets not only include the engine, cars, tracks on transformers, but also all the scenery and buildings you will need to start a basic layout. One very unique and cool model train sets is called the New Bright Sleigh Bell Holiday Express G.
This set is decorated in bright holiday colors, and includes the engine and coal car, a passenger car and caboose. It also has 75 individual lights, plays Christmas songs, and has the sound of a bell or whistle.
It includes a water tower, 12 curved and 8 straight tracks, the transformer which can easily power all this set has to offer. Other New Bright add on cars will NOT fit this set, however there are more Holiday Express accessory cars available.
While the transformer will power up to 80 feet of track, if you decide to purchase the optional musical clock tower, you may not have enough power to run all of it at the same time. While this unique set lists as much as $235, it can be found in many places for well under $200.
Another of the popular model train sets is the Bachmann Digital commander Deluxe HO Set, model number 00501. This set has two trains, and includes new DCC On Board technology, that allows you to be able to operate both trains separately, but at the same time.
The exclusive E-Z Command digital control systems gives separate control over speed lighting and the direction of both train. This train set includes both a EMD FT locomotive, (Santa Fe,) and the EMD GP40 (Union Pacific) engine.
One terminal rerailer, 3 freight cars, and a caboose. It also includes enough track to make a 47×38″ oval track, and of course the command center, power pack and magnets.
It also includes a DVD E-Z command instruction video, and illustrated manual. While the list price is close to three hundred dollars, may retailers offer this set for well under two hundred.
This is just a small sampling of all that is available for model train sets. This doesn’t even include any of the accessories and kits offered.
You have town sets, which there are may varieties, as well as many scenery packs, and even trestle packages, enough to set up a mountain pass layout. If you want other ideas on layout designs, you can easily find videos and photos of many an enthusiasts creations.
It is really only limited by your budget and imagination. There are many communities of model train enthusiasts, and in many areas there are even museums, and shows set up just for model trains.
There are even contests held to see who has the most elaborate model train sets and set up, and it isn’t limited to the indoors, and many bigger sets are used in outdoor garden and landscaping settings.
July 21st, 2010
If you are looking for help regarding Video/Photo Surveillance then this is the right place for you. Consulting or simply using an investigator for Video/Photo Surveillance is best before doing recording on your own. They are professional and can help you make sure that anything that is visually recorded is legal and not cause you more trouble. They can also do the surveillance for you to save you time and money in the long run.
The investigators ensure that they are legally upright. They make sure you do not get into trouble when dealing with such a case. It is always better to contact an investigator while dealing with such cases so that they follow all the rules. These investigators are well trained and well experienced.
You can get in contact a private detective agency to get more information about the investigators. Another option you have is going for a free consultation. By doing this you will get a clear idea about the working on these investigators and also help you gain knowledge.
You can also ask all your doubts. They will give you clear answers and they will ensure your question is well answered. They give importance to customer satisfaction. They are friendly and they will sit with you and discuss your problems.
It is always better to go to an investigator when you have such problems. Though the local police can work on the case, the investigators can do a better job as they are trained on these particular cases. Because of this they know how to get the right evidence at the right time without causing any harm to you.
The investigators work legally and you do not have to worry about getting into legal troubles when you work on such cases with their help. As they have experience they can do the work efficiently and complete your work as per your expectations.
July 17th, 2010
Digital photography removes the pain away from photography in a number of ways: No film would mean zero clutter as well as reduced expenditure. No lenses equates to zero mess, and when you actually get used to having a digital camera, digital photography may even assist you to take better pictures. . Shot a photograph you didn\’t exactly like? A digital web cam enables you to review the shot on an Liquid crystal display monitor attached to the rear of the digital camera immediately after you took it, and erase it.
Searching for just a fun little camera to take images of family celebrations and get togethers? Or maybe, do you think you\’re more interested in working on your digital photography skills and becoming proficient at photo capturing in addition to modifying? No matter what your photography objective, you desire great, very clear pictures and a camera that is simple to operate.
The actual 4 standard styles of digital camera are:
1) Ultra-compact- pertaining to the size of a credit card, and fits very easily in the front pocket of your jeans.
2) Sub-compact- can fit effortlessly into a shirt pocket.
3) Point and Shoot-normal capacity camera with an increase of characteristics, and needs a digital camera carrier.
4) Single Lens Reflex (SLR) – high quality photographic camera. It\’s the appearance and feel of any 35 mm, with a detachable lens.
Digital cameras offer you photographs that are extremely convenient. You\’ll be able to transfer your pictures to a computer to e-mail or perhaps edit with programs like Adobe’s Illustrator, screen-print them out, or even produce slide shows – all and not having to drop off roll film as well as pay for forming it. A number of digital camera models also enable you to shoot quick movies.
These days, even PDAs, cell phones as well as watches have entered the area of digital pictures. Below we shall speak about the basics of just how digital photography works. This will be important in picking a digital camera.
A digital image, or photograph, is made up of numerous miniature dots. The volume of pixels establishes the standard – also called the resolution – of the graphic. In digital photography, whenever you press the camera’s button, a computer chip referred to as the \”charge couple device\” (CCD) in the camera immediately records the positioning, color, and brightness of every pixel. Put all of those pixels in unison you develop the picture!
Resolution is definitely an important factor when choosing a photographic camera. Superior resolutions are more expensive, but additionally provide photos which can be enlarged digitally whilst not losing high-quality. When shopping for a ‘point and shoot’ photographic camera which you may use for entertainment search for digital slr cameras with a resolution in between three to five mega pixels that will let you create nice top quality 4\” x 6\” up to 8\” x 10\” prints.
The choice concerning what type of battery power an individual\’s photographic camera requires can be an important one. Alkaline Double a batteries tend not to possess a charge so long as lithium batteries will, particularly if you are using a flash. However, the opportunity to purchase Double a batteries wherever may be crucial, particularly when people travel.
Lithium batteries last longer, nevertheless they are expensive to replace. Nickel Cadmium battery packs are usually chargeable. You must fully discharge them before re charging, or you will get very inadequate overall performance. Another kind of chargeable battery is a Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH). They are available in all conventional types, and last round approximately four hundred charges. They are in all probability your very best get yourself. Lion (Lithium Ion) battery packs last almost 2 times as long as the others do, and so are usually ordered as an ‘extra’. These are more recent, not available in all sizes, and not so accessible as the rest are generally.
Another necessary thought for digital photography is certainly the size of the memory card in the digital camera. This memory is precisely what holds the picture inside the camera – visualize it as being a camera’s hard drive. Digital camera images with prime quality eat up a lot of space. It is possible to accommodate more low-resolution as compared to high-resolution shots on to a single card.
It is possible to hold various memory space unit cards, however who wants to line up that ideal picture and consequently comprehend the digital camera has all of a sudden run out of room? In case your photographic camera shoots between three to five mega pixels, a good memory equipped with 128 Megabytes to 512 Megabytes really should have a person picture taking till all your fingers end up becoming worn out.
Some other wonderful features to think about prior to picking your new camera include weight and size. A weightier photographic camera is simpler to maintain stable, a lighter photographic camera is simpler to stow and transport. A few cameras give a multiple direct exposure option which will let you take a pre-specified number of exposures if you click the press button. A self-timer will help you to automatically shoot a picture immediately after any set time period. The remote device selection will let you operate the photographic camera a distance. Other choices consist of date and time readers that will stamp the image, as well as show the information while looking at the image through the camera or perhaps applications, and sound recording, that enables you to add captions to your photographs.
Most digital cameras come bundled with software packages which enables you to alter your images. The sort of software may differ according to each and every digital camera, and it should be a consideration when buying your digital camera.
There isn\’t any such thing as being the ultimate digital camera. You must contemplate your photography objectives, your own spending budget plus your experience grade to determine precisely what digital camera possibilities stands out as the most effective for you.
Online Photography Instruction have been inspired by Dan Feildman just as highlighted within his FREE Digital Photography Ebook, that could even assist a complete digital beginner snap really magnificent photos in no time at all. You only have to check out www.LearnDigitalPhotographyNow.com to download your FREE Digital Photography Insider report, and commence the Online Photography Training like a master right away!!!